Cortisol is your built-in alarm system. It is your body's main stress hormone and it works to control your mood, motivation and fear. Your adrenal glands, which are triangle-shaped organs at the top of your kidneys - make cortisol. When the alarm goes off at the right time, all is well, however in the background of acute and chronic stress, the alarm is constantly going off and wreaking havoc on your system.
Recent studies have shed light on elevated cortisol levels in patients with PCOS. This higher level of cortisol does not work in our favor. In fact, prolonged elevation of cortisol levels can hinder the immune system, worsen insulin resistance and further heighten the overproduction of androgen hormones.
Our founder Dr. Justine Saran has struggled with PCOS since she was in grade school with physicians resorting to "bandaid solutions" such as oral contraceptives to help mask the symptoms of the disease with no efforts made to get to the root cause. Her journey with PCOS allowed her to spend time understanding her hormones and map out what they were trying to tell her. Regular exercise, nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory diet and self-care to reduce cortisol helped her maneuver an extremely complex condition like PCOS. Hence, we present to you this cortisol reducing wellness box to help supplement the therapies your primary care practitioner or naturopath have advised for you given your unique situation. PCOS treatments are by no means a one size fits all, since the syndrome manifests differently in everyone. We want to work with you to reduce the havoc-wreaking cortisol back to "your normal" levels and help your body recover.
Wellness Bundle Contents:
1. AOR | Advanced PCOS Relief
Advanced PCOS Relief provides both myo-inositol and D-chiro-inositol in clinical research backed ratios. It also includes the 5-MTHF form of folic acid to ensure efficacy.
Helps normalize ovarian function
- Promotes improved blood sugar regulation and mood
- Supports healthy ovarian function and improves egg quality
- Bioavailable form of folic acid for healthy reproductive, hormonal, heart, and brain function
- Normalizes menstrual cycle
Advanced PCOS Relief helps normalize ovarian function, ovulation, and oocyte quality, and normalizes menstrual cycle irregularities in women with PCOS. It also helps to manage hormonal and metabolic conditions, improves insulin sensitivity and helps promote and restore pregnancy rates in women under 36 with PCOS who undergo in vitro fertilization.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Glucose management and regulation
- Menstrual symptoms
Take 2 capsules two to four times daily with or without food, or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner. Use for a minimum of 12 weeks to see beneficial effects. Do not open capsules; this may compromise the stability of the medicinal ingredients.
2. Pursoma | Minerals De Mer - Daily Balancing Bath
Revitalize from within. A detoxifying sea salt treatment helps you sweat out the bad stuff (toxins) and soak up the good stuff (rich ocean minerals from the seashore of Brittany, France), while wild harvested seaweed hydrates dry and stressed skin. You’ll be rebalanced — mind, body, soul.
3. Agent Nateur Holi(Youth) Oceanic Adaptogen
H o l i ( y o u t h ) is an adaptogenic fusion of herbs and earth medicines that balance hormones, calms the mind, and minimizes inflammation. This blend harnesses the magic of the sea with a trio of spirulina, marine collagen, and pearl to harmonize the brain, while holy basil eases stress and regulates cortisol.
*Safe while pregnant and breastfeeding, but always consult with your doctor first.
- Holy basil is known as the “queen of herbs” and is an ancient adaptogen that helps to balance hormones and reduce inflammation throughout the body. It’s also used to calm anxiety, stress, and minimize skin issues.
- Pearl powder is an oceanic adaptogen and is utilized for its calming and mood-regulating effects. Calcium-rich pearl also contains magnesium, amino acids, and a variety of minerals, making it the perfect antidote for radiant skin.
- Spirulina harvested from the pristine waters of Hawaii is one of the most prehistoric and nutrient-dense foods on the planet. Spirulina has more calcium than milk and its chlorophyll content makes it very detoxifying.
- Marine collagen made from fresh, wild-caught, deep-sea fish is a great way to promote healthy skin, hair, and joints. Rich in glycine, it supports optimal gut and immune health and helps decrease wrinkles and hydrates the complexion.
*Agent Nateur products are created with non-gmo, food-grade ingredients for even the most sensitive skin.